We are Hiring!
Apprentice Baker & Food Prep
Location: Gravesend, Kent (DA11 0BH)
Closing Date: 11/02/2018
Industry: Bakery; Catering; Hospitality
Tuesday: 9AM – 4PM
Wednesday: 9AM – 4PM
Thursday: 9AM – 4PM
Friday: 9AM – 4PM
Sunday: 10AM – 2PM
Total Hours: 32hrs
Weekly wage: £118.40 (£3.70/hr)
At Vegan Antics, we are a proud specialist in catering for Vegans & Allergen Sufferers.
We are a 100% Vegan bakery specialising in Vegan & allergen free cakes & baked goods.
All of our products are suitable for everybody, especially those following a Vegan lifestyle and those with food intolerance’s & allergies in search of dairy free, egg free, lactose-free, wheat free, gluten free, nut free, soy free & sugar-free sweet treats with high-quality flavour and design in mind.
We sell sweet products such as Cupcakes, Cakes, Brownies, Shortbreads, Cookies, Flapjacks, Rocky Road & more, all of which can be ordered easily online or bought in the store. We also serve savoury options to our Cafe customers such as Paninis, Wraps, Soups, Pastries & Nachos…
Passionate about Baking? Start an exciting career at Vegan Antics where you will be involved in Baking & decorating decadent Vegan cupcakes, cakes & tray bakes for our shop and online customers, you will also be involved in preparing savoury food and allergen-free dishes for our dine-in customers.
Here you can also learn how to make proper coffee under the supervision of our trained Barista.
- Baking Cupcakes / Cakes / Traybakes / Cookies etc.
- Decorating Cupcakes & Cakes
- Preparing savoury goods such as Paninis, Wraps, Nachos & others sold in our Cafe.
- Packaging finished baked goods for shipping out.
- Assisting with preparing shop for opening each morning.
- Maintaining high cleaning standards.
- Customer service.
Desired Personal Qualities
- Someone who follows a Vegan lifestyle.
- Team player
- Passionate person
- Good people skills.
- Logical thinking & critical reasoning.
- Good communication skills.
- Creative skills.
- Previous baking experience desired.
On the job training with us whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework – consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Technical Certificate and Functional Skills if appropriate.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Benefits of Working @ Vegan Antics!
- Full training & support provided
- Part uniform provided.
- Being an inventor of the future of indulgence.
- Opportunity to join us at Vegan festivals across the UK.
- Working with a small and fun team.
- Discount scheme for employees & direct family members.
- Free hot drinks during breaks.
How To Apply
Please send your current CV along with a cover note to email@example.com explaining why you think you are the next best Vegan baker!
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 – 18-year-old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices, the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The wage for Apprentices applies to both times spent on the job plus time spent in training.